There are some amazing things to do in Tuscaloosa with kids. It is a great place for families to visit and explore together. There are plenty of activities to keep the entire family entertained, from outdoor adventures to indoor fun. Here are some of the best things to do in Tuscaloosa with kids:
I’m participating in a blog circle this month and linking to a lovely newborn photographer in Nashville at the bottom of this post.
Things to do in Tuscaloosa with Kids
1. Get Exploring at Children’s Hands on Museum: The Children’s Hands on Museum is an interactive museum that focuses on providing educational activities for young children, through “the power of play.” The museum features a wide range of exhibits and activities, from science experiments to art projects. Even better, memberships are offered at an affordable rate, allowing families to explore the museum as often as they’d like! Get more information here https://www.chomonline.org
2. Make a Splash, at Alabama Adventure & Splash Adventure Water Park: Splash Adventure is a great place for families to cool off and have fun in the sun. The water park features slides, pools, and plenty of other attractions that are sure to keep your little ones entertained. There’s also an amusement park with rides and activities for the whole family to enjoy. See their site HERE
3. Get Rolling at Roller Motion Skate Center: If your kids are looking for a place to get some energy out, Roller Motion Skate Center is the perfect spot. With its roller rink, snack station, arcade, and of course the fun neon colors, your family will never be bored. Plus, it’s an affordable option that won’t break the bank! See their website here https://www.rollermotionskatecenter.com
Entertainment for kids of all ages
4. Be Active at Joe Tucker Park: Joe Tucker Park is in Helena, not far at all from Tuscaloosa. It’s the perfect place to get active and explore nature. The park offers plenty of trails for hiking, biking, and jogging, as well as picnic areas, a playground, tennis courts, and a baseball field. Plus, it’s easy to access and free! See their site here https://www.tripbuzz.com/joe-tucker-park-helena-al
5. Get Adventurous at Oak Mountain State Park: If your family is looking for a true outdoor experience, then Oak Mountain State Park is the place to go, and being in Pelham, it’s close to Tuscaloosa. This 11,632 acre park offers plenty of activities such as camping, fishing, swimming, hiking and more. Plus, it’s a great opportunity to get up close and personal with nature while teaching your kids about the environment and its importance. See their site here: https://www.alapark.com/parks/oak-mountain-state-park
With so many great things to do in Tuscaloosa with kids, your family will never be short on fun! Whether you’re looking for an adventure outdoors or some fun indoors, there are plenty of activities for everyone to enjoy. Make sure to check out all these amazing places when planning your next trip to Tuscaloosa!
If you are on the hunt for heirloom clothing for your children, you might also be interested in some heirloom images of your family! I would love to chat with you about a newborn photography experience with me. You can read more about the experience or reach out today to find out if we are a good fit.
If you enjoyed this blog post you might also enjoy these:
- 6 Things to do in Montgomery AL with Kids This Summer
- Things to do in Alabama with Kids
- Family Photographers in Birmingham AL | Choosing the Best for Your Family
Head over to Nashville in home newborn photographer Kristie Loyd Photography to see how her in-home newborn photography is just as stunning as studio work.